Saturday, April 21, 2012

Readathon: Hour 12 -- Halfway Mark

HOUR 14 EDIT: Officially going to nap now (ate dinner and then read a little bit more I should be back by hour 16, hour 18 at the latest for rest of the readathon.

It's mid of hour twelve, which means if I don't take a nap soon I'm going to be in big trouble later tonight. I am about 200 pages through The Son of Neptune and enjoying it greatly, as I have all the Riordan books I've read. I'm also pretty sure I'll be going to A Curse as Dark as Gold next and then finishing up with Hunger (my guess is that I'll be lucky to get to Hunger and I'd be surprised if I finish it, though I do have more books to read if I do)

Anyway, here's another mini-challenge!

Fake Steph's Trouble Maker Challenge

aka My favourite Anti-hero

Picking a favourite anti-hero is a really hard thought process for me, it doesn't help that I read a lot of books based for younger audiences which tend to have the "fairytale hero" type rather than an anti-hero and then I realized that there were three characters that I adored that ended up becoming "antiheroes" in their series, and that would be the Baudelaire Orphans from A Series of Unfortunate Events. Though it seems very obvious good versus evil, the Orphans soon find themselves doing things not necessarily considered "good and moral things" just so they can survive in the world they have been shoved into. They are especially antiheroes in the last two books: The Penultimate Peril and The End.


And now it's time to be fed din-din and then force myself to nap for a few hours. In theory you shouldn't see any posts from me for a while... in theory.


2 comments:

Aneeqah said...

The Son of Neptune is such an awesome book to be reading for this readathon! It's super addicting, and so easy to finish in one day. Great pick. =) You're doing great so far, keep going!! Don't be afraid to take a few breaks, because it'll help you read faster, and you'll feel more refreshed and not as tired. =) Good luck with the rest of the readathon, and congrats for making it halfway through!

-Aneeqah @ <a href="http://mynotsorealife.blogspot.com:>My Not So Real Life</a> [Team Puck!]

Sam said...

@Aneegah: Thank you muchly!

Post a Comment