Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: The Diviners


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:


The Diviners
Libba Bray


Expected Publication Date: September 18th 2012

Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies."
When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first.


Why:
I am super intrigued by the plot and setting of this book and I like Libba Bray as an author, so I have to admit I am very interested in catching this book when it comes out. Also creepy museums are always an awesome idea *biased*.



P.S. 100th post!

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one looks very tempting...I still haven't read anything by this author. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Karis Jacobstein said...

Anything by Libba Bray is must-read for me! She is one of the most brilliant YA authors out there!

Check out my WoW!

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I still have NO idea what this book is about. Haha. I think I will read her other books first.

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

Post a Comment