Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Treachery of Beautiful Things


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:


The Treachery of Beautiful Things
Ruth Frances Long


Expected Publication Date: August 16th 2012

A darkly compelling mix of romance, fairy tale, and suspense from a new voice in teen fiction

The trees swallowed her brother whole, and Jenny was there to see it. Now seventeen, she revisits the woods where Tom was taken, resolving to say good-bye at last. Instead, she's lured into the trees, where she finds strange and dangerous creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with secrets of his own. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack's help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where stunning beauty masks some of the most treacherous evils, and she's faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice--and not just her own.


Why:
I have a theory that there may be some horror elements to this book and that's what akes me more excited for it than other fantasy/faerie books I've encountered. The idea that there are these insanely beautiful things that are just to lure you in and hurt you.



Also, I am a sucker for gorgeous covers and this is def a gorgeous cover.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m certainly intrigued by the mysterious elements of this story – good pick!

My WoW

@TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

Unknown said...

Isn't this cover just beautiful? I totally want to recreate that dress for my wedding.... *Sighs*

Anyway, back on topic! This book sounds really exciting! I can't wait for it to be released! Fantastic pick!

New Follower :)
Claire Reads WoW

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

Yes, awesome choice. Thanks for sharing

My WoW

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This does sound very intriguing...and I love that cover!

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Tara said...

I'm not usually a big faerie person, but I love Penguin books, and I'm actually really intrigued by the summary of this one!

Tara @ Hobbitsies

Unknown said...

Ha! This is my WoW pick this week too! Great minds think alike, I guess! I love that cover, and can't wait to get a chance to read it!

Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

ooh fairy tale..romance..i want! Here is My WoW

Unknown said...

nice choice and pretty cover.

http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

TheBookSlayer said...

I've got this book on my goodreads tbr list too. It sounds fantastic! Great pick.

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday :)

ShadyLane said...

must read list!! lol

http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Fairytaaaaales, check.
Beautiful swoon worthy cover, check.
Uber excited crazy going book lover, dubble check :D

Yup, can't wait for this one <3

Alyssa Nelson said...

I think this would be an interesting read. You're right -- I think there will be some horror elements in this novel, which makes me want to read it even more. Great pick!

New follower :)

Alyssa
Reader's Refuge

Post a Comment