Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: The Unquiet


First of all I wanted to thank everyone for the comments last week, I was actually without my computer for that day, so when I came home to see all the page views and comments I was ecstatic!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:


The Unquiet
Jeannine Garsee


Expected Publication Date: July 17th 2012

Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother. 

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home, undaunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom. At school, her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists. 

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of?


Why:
Okay I admit, I've had a chance to read this book already (although I can't post up the review yet), but I truly am waiting to buy a finished copy of this book to have and to hold and to love to pieces. This is a piece of YA Horror which I feel we have very little of as of now, so I will promote this book in and out. Cannot wait to buy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. This sounds pretty amazing and right up my alley. Jealous that you already got a chance to read it.

Melissa's Waiting on Wednesday

Tabby said...

Holy sheesh! This one sounds pretty good! I need to check it out! Thanks for sharing :)

- New follower (:

See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

Kelsey @ Slush Sleuth said...

I usually vehemently avoid horror (I leave that to my sister) because I scare pretty easily, but I do like the sound of this farm boy...

You've read it; what do you think? Will it appeal to a non-horror lover?

Happy WoW!

Sam said...

It is a ghost story through and through and the farmboy is quite yummy but I'd have to say it veers closer to horror than romance, so I'm not sure if it'd appeal to you. A lot of it is also mystery and putting things together. It certainly isn't the scariest horror book I've read.

Obsession with Books said...

I am really eager to get hold of this one as well, a nice pick!

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-23rd-may.html

Sugar and Snark said...

I also can't wait for the Unquiet!
Happy Wednesday :)

The Muggle
-International Giveaway
-List of Giveaways/Kindle Deals

Kai Agito said...

I am into YA horror right now so I am so excited for this book! It helps that it has a gorgeous cover too. Great pick :)

Check out our WoW picks for this week!

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Ahhh, so you were lucky enough to get approved on Netgalley? :D This book sounds really good and I like the cover! Can't wait to read your review :)

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

Cathy De Los Santos said...

If you feel that strongly about it then I will def have to check it out as well. Really great pick, thanks for sharing. Here's my WoW

Majanka said...

I love ghost stories, and this one feels just like it. I asked for the copy on Netgalley, but alas, they don't give it to Europeans, apparently (or well, it said that in my email). Great pick!

Read my WOW post.

Anonymous said...

A great choice, sounds good.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

Katie said...

This sounds like a good book.

My WOW: breathofbooks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment